In the past year, the COVID-19 pandemic has challenged and shaken us in many ways. In a way, it has called us to pause and re-examine the way we have been approaching ourselves and the world.
This conference is an invitation to inquire into the pertinent questions from a space of stillness; to explore- what would it mean to live and breathe from our deepest Self - from Presence and develop as a kinder, wiser community?
It’s an invitation to slow down; to deeply listen, sense and feel what is present for us and what is emerging at an individual, relational and collective level.
We hope that the Conference can nourish within us a sense of Presence through the practice and learning of Mindfulness, Compassion and Wisdom from various perspectives and modes of application.
As we reflect, inquire and practice, we also connect as people drawn to a similar inquiry. We hope that each of us can contribute to this collective space that we seek to hold and from here move into our lives with greater clarity, nourishment, compassion and love.
The conference will offers 5 pathways to deepen the inquiry and explore applications in your field of work- Counseling & Therapy, Movement & Arts in Therapy, Education, Organisations & Community, Daily Living
High quality research contributions describing original and unpublished results of empirical or theoretical work that aligns with conference theme ‘Self as Presence Mindfulness, Compassion and Wisdom’ are cordially invited.
Topics may include but are not limited to:
- Mindfulness, compassion and wisdom
- Clinical interventions & applications of mindfulness and presence
- Mindfulness, compassion & presence based
- approaches in psychotherapy
- Methodological issues in mindfulness and contemplative research
- Contemporary psychological frameworks of presence
- Contemplative approaches in psychology
- Mindfulness, empathy and embodiment
- Mindfulness and cognitive science
- Mindfulness, Compassion and Presence at work and in leadership
- Mindfulness, Compassion, Presence in the social developmental sector
- Mindfulness in schools and education
- Mindfulness, Compassion, Presence in parenting
- Mindfulness, compassion, presence in daily living
- Socially engaged mindfulness
- Explorations of Self from contemplative approaches Empathy and compassion
- Embodied presence
Submission of Abstract: July 30 , 2021
Submission of Full Paper: October 7 , 2021
Abstract submission guideline:
- The abstracts should be typed in the English language.
- Abstracts should be in MS word format with Font size 12, font type Times New Roman, line spacing 1.5
- Word limit 250.
- Indicate 3-5 keywords.
3rd to 5th December, 2021