Grief Therapeutic Listening Circles are for anyone undergoing grief, loss of any kind during these times. It is open to all ages and all genders and will be held online.
In the safety and intimacy of these facilitated group spaces held online, we hope we can have a holding space for our feelings. When we feel the support and holding through sharing of our common humanity, we often touch into our deeply resilient spirit individually and collectively. There is great healing in coming together as a community for ourselves and each other, welcoming our experience however it is.
With this intention to provide emotional support, Just Being Center for Mindfulness and Presence and Connecting NGO are jointly offering Grief Therapeutic Listening Circles.
These circles are facilitated by trained volunteers from Connecting NGO and Just Being’s team of counsellors with mentoring support provided by Sandy Dias Andrade.
A group therapeutic listening space is a space we all hold together and therefore agree to adhere to the following guidelines that will make it a safe space for everyone.
The following are some guidelines that we will adhere to:
1. We speak from our own lived experience. We use `I’ statements rather than generalized statements of `everyone’, `one’, `we’.
2. We listen non-judgmentally to the experiences of others, even if they are different from ours. We don’t offer advice.
3. We don’t comment on another person’s experience. Every person may move through an experience differently.
4. We keep confidentiality and don’t talk about what a group member has shared to someone outside the group.
Group members are requested to be present for all sessions as together there is a sense of containment and safety built. Each one’s presence is invaluable and matters. We also request videos to be on so we can connect with each other and the group better.
The Next Open Grief Listening Circle is on Sunday 27th June, 2021 from 11 am to 1 pm
This will be followed by the four week circles on Sunday (meeting once a week) from 11 am to 12.30 pm. The group will also accommodate Hindi/Marathi speaking audience.
You can join-
1. The Open Grief Listening Circle on 27th June, 2021 from 11 am to 1:00 pm
2. The four week Grief Listening Circle (meeting once a week) on Sunday 11 am to 12.30 pm or
3. Sign up for both (link below)