Do you find that people naturally gravitate to you seeking solace? Do people tell you how supported they feel by your presence? Do you have a flair for listening? This course is an opportunity to refine this affinity with greater attunement and skill to be of benefit to others.
The course is a unique one following a mindfulness based approach and focusing on the inner listening paradigm. The course is experiential and practical with just sufficient theory to supplement an experiential understanding of what it means to hold space for another. To be there for another, we need to encounter ourselves deeply and so the course design includes self-reflection, engagement in non-sectarian mindfulness practices, personal sessions with experienced counsellors/listeners and peer sessions. Inner listening and self-care are key components of the course.
This is a one year part-time PG diploma open to all who would like to offer a listening space to people with Mindfulness as a base.
The Program is offered in two formats:
- Join the program in a fully online format
- Join the program in a hybrid format- both in-person and/or online format
- Practical & Experiential
- Personal Work & Mindfulness practice
- Basic theory of counselling
- 630 hours of coursework
- Individual and group supervision from experts
- A mix of in-person and online sessions
- A total of 27 credits awarded at the completion of the course
- Group work
Spread over a year, it involves a mix of training sessions & group supervision sessions.
The first three months involve three day sessions once a month, thereafter we alternate every month, between once a month three-day training sessions and two-day sessions for group supervision, sharing and feedback.
Pre-Program Mindfulness Practice begins June 20, 2022
- Module 1 - August 5-7 2022
- Module 2- September 2-4 2022
- Module 3- October 7-9 2022
- Mid term Evaluation- November
- Supervision 1- November 5-6 2022
- Module 4- December 2-4 2022
- Supervision 2- January 7-8 2023
- Module 5- February 3-5 2023
- Supervision 3- March 4-5 2023
- Module 6 - April 14-16 2023
- Final Evaluation- May/June
Graduation in any discipline and a willing heart to hold a listening space.
At the end of the course you can offer listening sessions and/or counselling sessions (if you have a psychology background) to benefit the community either on an individual basis or as a part of the organization.
This course is also suitable for those already in the field of counselling.
Participants without an academic background in psychology/social work will be certified in Mindfulness Based Listening with Embodied Presence. Those with a psychology or social work background will be certified in Mindfulness Based Counseling: Listening with Embodied Presence
Program fee is Rs. 52,000 + 18% GST
During the course, participants learn:
- To be attentive
- to what is going on within themselves,
- with the person who’s talking to them
- and in the listening space
- To authentically respond to what they are paying attention to in a way that is supportive to the client’s process.
- To draw the attention of the speaker to their own inner process such that an inherent wisdom and wholeness is uncovered
- To remain open and inviting in the face of whatever is encountered and meet people with an open, warm heart of love, grounded and centered.
- To deeply attune to in the moment processes as well as orient in wholeness and basic goodness.
- To include body awareness and somatic resonance.
The training is in paying attention moment to moment to various layers and dimensions within oneself, the other, the relational field and the larger field of awareness and to respond and support from an attentive and attuned space. Participants learn to engage in this process that is fluid, dynamic, present, supportive and empowering.
Participants would also learn to know when there might be a need for some specialized help and respond accordingly.
The in person sessions will be supplemented by the online supervision sessions. Participants are required to receive and offer counselling sessions in between the in-person sessions, thereby adding dimensions to the listening process as they go along. They will receive feedback on their work during the online supervision sessions as well as on their submitted reports (that includes written and audio recorded sessions).
The course work is about 630 hours that includes in person training sessions at the Center, mindfulness practices, online supervision sessions, personal counselling sessions, peer exchanges, conducting individual and group sessions.
Attendance and completion requirements:
Participants need to attend all sessions. In case sessions are missed, it will need to be covered up with a trainer either in person or online at an additional fee. In addition to attending in person and online group supervision, participants are required to complete the following as part of the coursework:
- 240 hours of mindfulness practice
- Conduct 30 individual counselling sessions with others
- Conduct 20 individual sessions with peers
- Conduct six two hour group sessions, one of which is conducted in class with peers and three other sessions in other organizations and groups
- Receive 2 Individual Supervision Sessions*
- Receive 6 personal counselling sessions with recommended counsellors & listeners*
Diploma will be granted only if all course completion criteria is met. Those without a psychology or social work background will be certified in Mindfulness Based Listening with Embodied Presence. Those with a psychology or social work background will be certified in Mindfulness Based Counseling: Listening with Embodied Presence
*Not included in the course fee; to be borne by the participant separately.
Sandy Dias Andrade
Lead facilitator and designer of the course
A gifted psychotherapist, trainer and workshop leader with 19 years of experience in the field, she has primarily trained in Mindfulness based interventions like Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), Integral Somatic Psychotherapy (ISP), Biodynamic CranioSacral Therapy (BSCT), Focusing Skills Certification and is equipped in skills in cognitive, affective, somatic works as well as trauma resolution.
Sandy Dias Andrade is a psychotherapist in mindfulness and presence and founder director of Just Being, Pune. She is also a trustee at Connecting, an NGO involved in suicide prevention work. She was responsible for initiating the helpline service and has trained and mentored over hundred volunteers in ‘Mindfulness Based Active Listening’ as well as mentored other organisations and individuals in setting up listening systems.
Dr Jaya Rajagopalan
Supporting Faculty: Head of Department of Psychology, St. Mira’s College for Girls, Pune.
She has actively designed courses to advance students’ understanding of psychology as a profession, designed curriculums for undergraduate programs with psychology as a specialization, taught varied psychology courses for undergraduate levels, including psychopathology, research methodology and counselling psychology. She is also responsible for developing several volunteering programs that were very popular with the community and students. Served as representative to the community outreach team for various mental health interventions. She is also a coordinator of the Internal Quality assurance cell and is instrumental in launching a very successful mental wellbeing program for students.
Assistant Facilitator: Mindfulness and Presence based counselor, Educationist, Social Work specialization
Harini has done MSW, and holds a Ph.D. in Education. She is working with the Centre for Learning Resources to strengthen educational leadership. She has been associated with Just Being for about three years. There she completed the course in Mindfulness Based Counseling and is currently pursuing the Presence Oriented Psychotherapy course. She has been holding listening spaces ever since. She is a counselor with Just Being Center’s Counseling Services and a facilitator for it’s social, school and mindfulness programs.
Assistant Facilitator: Mindfulness and Presence Based Counselor, Educator
Vipul holds a master’s degree in Human Development and Psychology from Harvard. He is also a certified counselor in Mindfulness Based Counseling : Listening with Embodied Presence from Just Being Center, where he offers counseling services and a facilitator for the Center’s social and school projects. He is currently pursuing a PG Diploma course in Presence Oriented Psychotherapy.
Assistant Facilitator: Mindfulness and Presence Based Counselor, Visual Art based therapist
Kasturi is a well experienced art-based therapist who has trained under experts in the visual art therapy field in India and UK and is also certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner. In the past, she had successfully founded and run a process-based art program for children, for over two years, in Pune. She has completed the certificate course in Mindfulness Based Counselling: Listening with Embodied Presence she has been part of Just Being’s Training and Corporate programs. She is currently pursuing a PG Diploma in Presence Oriented Psychotherapy course.
The following will be an ongoing process once you submit the application form:
- Submission of Application form
- Short-listed Candidate will be invited for Interview
- Intimation of Final Selection
- Non-refundable deposit of Rs. 9,000 to reserve seat within 2 weeks of Selection
- Completion of formalities (Document submission etc.) & Full fee payment to confirm admission
- Final Date to fill Application form: March 30th, 2022 or till seats are full, whichever is early
- Interviews will begin from end of January, 2022
- Document submission, Full Fee Payment & Completion of formalities: April 30th, 2022
- Commencement of Program- August 6th, 2022
- Pre- Program Mindfulness Practice - June 20th, 2022
- The admission is on first-come-first serve basis.
- The seats are limited to 24 due to the nature of learning involved. Request you to apply early